Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yes, we still have the trach....

So, I've taken a long time updating once again, I know, but I realized I never posted the results from Skye's sleep study. As expected, it seems she is still using her trach 'hole' to breathe through slightly. Dr Weatherly said she did well and better than he though she would - her sats were not affected by sleeping with the stoma covered up, although she registered a few minor episodes of hypopnea (shallow breathing as opposed to apnea, which is stopping breathing) which led them to conclude she has evidence of a mild obstruction. So no big deal, we will just keep her trach open for now, and repeat the study in 6 months or so. When she has no obstruction evident, she can get another bronchoscopy and they can sew up the hole if everything looks ok from the inside - I dont really want her to have a bronch before then, as there seems little point. Anyway, she is doing great and has 2 new words: 'baby' and 'more' This makes 5 words in total for her and 3 for Henley - I have no idea why they are reluctant to talk! We are still getting speech therapy twice a week and Henley goes for his first Occupational Therapy on Friday, so I will update. Finally, here are just quick 2 pictures I took - this time they are both Henley - one shows you what a strange/funny/odd (you decide) boy he is. He likes to watch tv from inside his basketball hoop...and one to show you Henley with his hair up (it was in his eyes,so I tied it up), when Keith came home he said 'Oh, now I've got TWO girls!' Still, it will be a great picture to show to his girlfriends in the future.....


2 comments: