Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh No The babies are sick!!!

Both the babies got sick!!! This is the first time Henley has ever been sick and Skye has not been sick since last summer......

We went to the pulmonologist on Friday and I'm thinking that must be it as Skye started to get very junky Sunday daytime. I had to dig out the old suction machine which had been in storage (not used since November) and suction her a couple of times overnight on Sunday as she was gurgling in her trach. I have also uncapped her to let her cough everything out.  Both babies have very snotty, runny noses and Skye had a slight temp yesterday. I have been giving her 4 breathing treatments a day and our pulmonologist called in some prednisolone liquid for her. Henley is toughing it out, although he is sneezing and pouring snot everywhere and I am giving them both Advil day and night. Everyone's chest sounds clear so far, and Skye's scretions are plentiful but white and I'm suctioning every 6 hours or so, but its no antibiotics right now.....

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping for a quick recovery! Let me know if I can do anything for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the sickness goes away! Sorry the germ free fortress was invaded! Jacob got sick last week and still has not got over it. We had a good 3 weeks though :-/

    ReplyDelete