Thursday, February 3, 2011

Preschool!!!!!

So now you are all over the shock of preschool, I can update you on today's visit to the school. Its a Montessori school where they actually teach the kids, and there are a maximum of 6 kids in each class. Henley went in this morning for an hour to meet his classmates and so we could find out more.

They were very good about the whole germ issue and they do disinfect everything each night, and of course class sizes are small (Henley will make 5 in the class). They also told me if there was anything else I wanted them to do they would try to accommodate my requests, so I couldnt really ask for more.

Henley LOVED it. He ran around, jumped on all the toys (they have playmats, roundabouts, lots of stuff) and interacted with the others. He did take a toy off another boy, but the teacher took it back and told him the other boy was still playing with it, and Henley was like 'ok' and went and played with something else. I also like that they have a toddler playground outside with some really great fun but safe equipment and each morning they play outside for an hour before it gets too hot. They they have a snack, then they do 'schoolwork' till 11.30. That is Henley's finish time and he would go twice a week.

The upshot of all of this is that we will enroll him and he can start in April (end of RSV season). When it was time to leave he didnt want to go and I had to carry him out as he refused to walk so I know he will be fine......

Ok, next post will include photos I PROMISE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!!! Dang Ava still cries every time I drop her off :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I was totally shocked when I read the last post! He will do great! Hopefully Skye will keep eating and I'm praying for her trach to come out soon!!! Love the updates and of course the pictures!! They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete