Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bright red cheeks !!

Today Henley woke up with bright red cheeks and chin (very festive I thought). He also seemed a little clingy and whiny... Well after their mid morning nap I noticed Skye had slightly pink cheeks also, so after taking their temps, which were not horrible, but elevated (99.6 & 99.4 forehead) I called the pediatrician and we went in. Henley was tested for strep throat but was negative, so we have 2 possibilities..

1. (likely) Fifth Disease a.k.a parvovirus (I thought only dogs got this, but seems its common in toddlers) and this will just run its course although they may get body rashes too.

2. They are sickening for something else yet unknown so I will have to keep my beady eye on them!!! At least they have ahd their flu shots and are still getting the Synagis.

Of course Skye was all smiles for the doctor and Henley screamed non stop and wound himself up into a right snotty state. She commented he did have a runny nose, and I had to explain he didnt 5 minutes ago!!! Friday we have an appointment with the pulmonologist so Im hoping they are better by then otherwise I'll have to reschedule which will mean driving to Orlando as they only come to Melbourne monthly.....

2 comments: