Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas photos and Skye's button...

Skye's button came out for the first time ever yesterday. I noticed that it usually lays flat on the skin but the 'stalk' was more exposed than normal. After a quick call to my friend whose baby has a button, I checked the water level in the balloon under the skin. It was empty so i refilled it and it seemed ok (flat again and secure) but after her nap it was hanging again and just seemed loose. So i pulled it out !!! I filled it with water and saw it had a leak, so I had to put in a new button, This was kind of scary as it didnt want to go in and I had to kind of just go for it. Skye was crying but it finally went in, inflated easily and has been great since. According to my frined, they just wear out every couple of months, so now at least I know....

We got our Christmas photos so I thought I would scan a few in. I have also included one from our Christmas photos last year.... Of course we still had Summer then as well, but both her and Skye were not doing well that week. Both were trached and on ventilators.... you can see how far Skye has come since then and of course Summer is conspicuous by her absence, but they are beautiful pictures....


Summer, Henley & Skye

Skye & Henley



'A few drinks at the office party'

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Caroline- crazy to see how far Skye has come. I'm working on a toy for her right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!! Miss you guys!! Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete