Monday, December 13, 2010

Scribble Time

So whenever we go to the pediatricians, she asks questions about the babies development, I guess to check they dont fall too far behind, especially as neither babies have any therapies any more ( I cancelled them) so its up to me to make sure we stay on track.

I have a book that tells me (month by month) what they should be doing, and I dont take it too seriously as the babies being born at 25 weeks are nearly 4 months behind before they even start!!! That said, I am going to do more stuctured play at least a couple of times a day as the 'book' tells me they should be doing more than they do. I bought Your Baby Can read volume 1 and they love it, even Henley has been fixated and he cant concentrate on anything generally.

The pediatrician also asked me if they were scribbling with crayons... it had never occured to me to give them a crayon as I know they would just eat it, but I did find these scribblling markers especially for toddlers 18months + so we are using those too. Here are some pictures of Henley's artwork in progress. As you will see from the photos, he would draw some, then lay on it, draw some more, lay on it... and so on.... I guess artists are supposed to be eccentric......


1 comment:

  1. I have never thought to give Andrew a crayon...I to think he would just eat it or stick it up his nose...Ava had those when she was smaller maybe I will go pick so up next time I am at Target.

    ReplyDelete